Summer is the best time to savor fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables, and some of the best come from local vendors. Our apartments in Sherman Oaks offer residents numerous opportunities to buy from local farm stands and markets. It's just one of the many perks of living in this beautiful location.
There are many reasons to get out in the fresh air and sunshine as often as possible.
Shop for Health and Fun
However, by following some simple guidelines, you can make those outdoor snapping jaunts even more enjoyable. Here are a few tips:
- Shop with an open mind. Be flexible about ingredients, and be open to trying new recipes.
- Ask farmers and vendors for unusual preparation ideas. Let them suggest new ways to enjoy produce like eggplant (in salad), radishes (roasted or grilled) or edible flowers (in refreshing beverages)!
- Bring cash, and carry a cloth or mesh tote.
- Shop early in the day, when the selection will be better, and the crowds lighter.
- Buy a variety of fresh foods; but also sample artisanal breads, jams, sauces, cheese, pickles, and seasonings.
- Go with a group of friends or neighbors. Sometimes you can score bigger bargains by buying in bulk.
Cook for Fun and Wellness
Adding more plant-based meals is an easy way to reap positive health benefits. By buying fresh ingredients and preparing simple plant-based meals even a couple times a week, you can boost your energy level, lose weight, increase muscle tone, and unleash your inner chef! In addition, shopping and cooking with friends is a creative experience and a wonderful way to cement new friendships.
In a unique gated apartment community like Chase Knolls, potluck suppers are a natural—the mid-century vibe, landscaped grounds, and easily accessible community picnic and grilling areas make such events easy to plan and great fun to participate in.
If you would like to learn more about the retro lifestyle of Chase Oaks, just call. We'll help you find a fit with a distinctive apartment that meets your needs and fulfills your expectations.